You are here > Top: Forums: Computers, Internet & Technology: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again
Computers, Internet & Technology Forum Topic
You are viewing the Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again topic in the Computers, Internet & Technology forum.
 Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again, Admin MilesCity.com Webmaster, 7/5/2012 10:15:05 AM
 RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again, Exalted Buckaroo, 7/5/2012 12:53:15 PM
 RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. AgainDonator Amorette Allison, 7/5/2012 2:24:54 PM
 RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again, Dan Mowry, 7/5/2012 3:05:05 PM
 RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again, howdy, 7/5/2012 6:05:47 PM
 RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. AgainDonator David Schott, 7/5/2012 7:17:45 PM
 RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. AgainDonator Tucker Bolton, 7/6/2012 9:04:49 AM
 RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again, howdy, 7/6/2012 9:51:21 AM
 RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again, SeptyTwo, 7/6/2012 4:19:13 PM
 Subject: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again
Author: Admin MilesCity.com Webmaster  Posted: Thu Jul 5 10:15:05 AM MDT 2012 From: - CA
A week ago, the internet fell victim to a thunderstorm outside of Washington D.C., taking out a chunk of Amazon's servers, which plays host to sites and services such as Instagram and Netflix. Then, on Friday; the internet died again, taking down sites such as Yelp, Reddit ...

http://gizmodo.com/5922684/why-the-...died-last-nightagain
 Subject: RE: Why the Internet Disappeared Last Week. Again
Author: Exalted Buckaroo  Posted: Thu Jul 5 12:53:15 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
One more reason to like Google. They solve problems before others notice they exist. cool
Author: Donator Amorette Allison  Posted: Thu Jul 5 2:24:54 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
I go to obscure sites. I never even knew the internet was down.
Author: Dan Mowry  Posted: Thu Jul 5 3:05:05 PM MDT 2012 From: - IA
Wait until Monday.
Author: howdy  Posted: Thu Jul 5 6:05:47 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
what happens Monday
Author: Donator David Schott  Posted: Thu Jul 5 7:17:45 PM MDT 2012 From: - WA
Author: Donator Tucker Bolton  Posted: Fri Jul 6 9:04:49 AM MDT 2012 From: - CO
A combo of Ubuntu and iGoogle rocks for me.

We will lose iGoogle in September. I don't know why they are pulling the plug but I will miss it. It has performed flawlessly for me. I guess I will browse with Firefox again after that.
Author: howdy  Posted: Fri Jul 6 9:51:21 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
igoogle has worked well for me as well...too bad
Author: SeptyTwo  Posted: Fri Jul 6 4:19:13 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
for that dnschanger trojan thing... here are a couple of links that do a quick check to see if you are infected or not.

http://www.dns-ok.us/

http://www.mcafee.com/dnscheck

read again the effects and how it can affect you if you do have it, a couple of posts above.

[This message has been edited by SeptyTwo (7/6/2012)]
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Contact Info