SPONSORED 
You are here > Top: Forums: Obituaries, Memorials & Tributes: A death in our town
Obituaries, Memorials & Tributes Forum Topic
You are viewing the A death in our town topic in the Obituaries, Memorials & Tributes forum.
 A death in our town, Seuk Samus, 7/3/2012 2:52:25 PM
 RE: A death in our town, Kacey, 7/3/2012 10:27:34 PM
 RE: A death in our town, Mandi, 7/4/2012 12:21:42 AM
 RE: A death in our town, Huntzicker, 7/4/2012 5:54:33 AM
 RE: A death in our town, Cheryl Gaer-Barlow, 7/4/2012 6:23:56 AM
 RE: A death in our town, Wendy Wilson, 7/4/2012 2:22:05 PM
 RE: A death in our townDonator Amorette Allison, 7/4/2012 3:39:07 PM
 RE: A death in our town, Seuk Samus, 7/5/2012 4:30:31 AM
 RE: A death in our town, Dr Mac, 8/21/2012 11:48:50 PM
 Subject: A death in our town
Author: Seuk Samus  Posted: Tue Jul 3 2:52:25 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Yesterday Mark Kron passed away due to cancer.
He was the owner, with his wife, Lynne, of Paco's Packers.
The wake is Thursday 8-10 at Stevenson's and the funeral is at 10 at Custer County Cemetary.
The fate of Pacos and Cow Pies, at the time, shouldn't be affected.
Please pay your respects to a piece of Cow Pie history.
We love you Mark!!
 Subject: RE: A death in our town
Author: Kacey  Posted: Tue Jul 3 10:27:34 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Mark Meade Kron, age 73, of Miles City passed away July 2, 2012 at Holy Rosary Hospital. He was surrounded his family.

Mark was born on January 21, 1939 in Broadus, MT to Robert and Alice (Meade) Kron. He attended grade school in Miles City and graduated from Custer County High School. Following school he went to work for the Miles City Star where he was employed for 20 years. Mark was a photographer for the newspaper. He became well known for his pictures at the annual Mile City Bucking Horse Sale. His abilities produced many fascinating pictures including aerial photos. He also tended bar in various establishments in his earlier years. Mark was a friend to many, had a big heart and a good sense of humor. He was a good listener and always had an entertaining story or joke to tell.

He and his wife Lynne Buckholtz were united in marriage on April 8, 1961. In 1976 they started the Crystal Pistol Restaurant where they created the PACO. Mark's family remains the owners of the PACO Packers.

Mark was preceded in death by his parents and sister in law Helen Kron. He is survived by his wife Lynne of Miles City; son Guy Kron of Miles City; daughter Alison Kron (Randel Moser) of Longmont, CO; brother Mick Kron of Missoula, MT; mother-in-law Pearl McClurken of Brinnon, WA; brother-in-law Kenneth Buckholtz of Brinnon, WA; niece Tracy (Tom) Blake of Missoula, MT; nephew Kim (Julie) Kron of Marysville, WA and 6 grandchildren, Melina, Sienna, Dean, Mitchel Moser, Tre and McKeelyn Kron and their Mother Robyn Shields.

Visitation will begin Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. at Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held on Thursday, July 5 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home in Miles City. Interment will follow in the family lot of the Custer County Cemetery.
Author: Mandi  Posted: Wed Jul 4 12:21:42 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
May God hold bless you in his grace Mark... And you still own me a smoke! Rest in peace old friend....
Author: Huntzicker  Posted: Wed Jul 4 5:54:33 AM MDT 2012 From: - MN
Mark Kron was a photographer for the Star when I started in journalism as a high school student and during my summers in college. He was a patient man and a good teacher. I really appreciated his encouragement. I couldn't begin to list all the things he taught me -- especially by his example. He was humble enough to understand how a photographer should work with a reporter in creating a good story -- a quality that I've since learned was truly rare in his field. Yet he often made unsolicited helpful suggestions about both my work and my demeanor. I often think of him in the rodeo or Bucking Horse Sale arena carrying the heavy Hasselblad, getting a shot and heading for the fence.
Author: Cheryl Gaer-Barlow  Posted: Wed Jul 4 6:23:56 AM MDT 2012 From: - NM
I didn't know him personally but as a little girl, he was a crew- cut teenager who used to drag race on the street where I walked to Garfield School. (Tatro?) Was that it? but everyday, I had to climb the fence to get out of their way.
A super-fast hot rod, drag racing on a back street, loud rock and roll and a crew cut? That was so cool!
It sounds as though he lived a wonderful life. My condolences to his family.
Author: Wendy Wilson  Posted: Wed Jul 4 2:22:05 PM MDT 2012 From: - UT
My condolences to his family.
Author: Donator Amorette Allison  Posted: Wed Jul 4 3:39:07 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Mark Kron, like Sue Connors and Gordie Spear and Pat Gudmundson, were part of the foundations of my childhood. He will be missed.
Author: Seuk Samus  Posted: Thu Jul 5 4:30:31 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Everybody should have a Paco party today!! Miss ya Mark!!!!
Author: Dr Mac  Posted: Tue Aug 21 11:48:50 PM MDT 2012 From: - TX
Hey, Bill, you and I certainly learned alot from Mark Kron when we worked at the Star in high school and college. He was a great teacher and a fine mentor to young journalists. Not many today willing to help youngsters break into media, no matter which media -- and boy, has that changed.

I hope the Kron family knows how much we appreciated what he did for us in our younger years. Need more like him today. Thank you, Mark.

Maryann Mahoney McDaniel

[This message has been edited by Dr Mac (8/21/2012)]
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Contact Info