Not in the information Loop!!!
Posted by killah511 (+76) 5 years ago
So can any one tell me how far away the closest fire to miles city is...or how they are starting...it is natural causes,accidents,or on purpose...
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2538) 5 years ago
it is natural causes,accidents,or on purpose...

Yes!
Not (embarrassment),was an honest spelling mistake...ya i ment to say is it...

[This message has been edited by killah511 (6/26/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2538) 5 years ago
I'm sorry. This is a perfect example of why the internet may not be conducive to honest dialog. I meant I was embarrassed for being a clown. Apologies.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+8820) 5 years ago
There are fires near Ashland, Roundup, Bozeman and and really close to Helena. Our smoke is from the fires near Ashland.
Posted by neonfreedom (+290) 5 years ago
[This message has been edited by neonfreedom (6/26/2012)]
Its okay Kelly thanks for all the info....there is one in helena its right on the outskirts and heading toward the town...info from someone that lives there
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+283) 5 years ago
Late this afternoon, there was a wall of smoke running from the Madison River west of Bozeman to the north end of the Bridger Mountains. A massive wall of smoke. And from Bozeman, you could see the smoke cloud exploding in size downwind from the fire. More than 30 miles away. 30 to 40 mph winds at the time. Pretty impressive, yet real scary at the same time.
Posted by neonfreedom (+290) 5 years ago
ya about 8 tonight in miles you could see and smell the smoke in the sky...its crazy and like ive said before i hope these all get contained/put out...i hope things get better for all states/countys/towns/citys..involved
Posted by Kacey (+3105) 5 years ago
Big fire between Billings and Roundup too. Massive evacuations.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 5 years ago
well we were evacuated and left and then came back LOL...the fire appears to be moving southwest so far...if the wind doesn't change a lot we should be ok if not we are screwed...For those of you that know this area....a business called "the branding iron" which is 3 miles from our house has burned to the ground...the fire was moving toward that coal mine which would be a disaster if that was lost due to all the jobs they have for locals...
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1697) 5 years ago
howdy: You said you were evacuated, then came back..does that mean you are staying in your home now? If it helps ~ I'm worrying for you!