What is MIDRIVERS doing?
Posted by t.anderson 3 years ago
I got a letter in the mail today form MidRivers. Looks like they are raising the price of cable but taking away my favorite channels!! I only have basic and the channels I watch are being moved to expanded. Does anyone know if there is any benefit to this price increase?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. 3 years ago
Does anyone know if there is any benefit to this price increase?

I am sure it benefits MidRivers quite nicely. You, not so much.
Exactly. And I might end up just disconnecting my services because I will not upgrade to expanded, I cannot affort to do that.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec 3 years ago
If you received the same letter that we did today, there are no additional fees. The really great thing is that they have added Root Sports channel to the MegaVue Digital tier which will provide coverage of the Big Sky Conference and other regional sports. Lots of new perks. I would read it thoroughly before dumping anything. You can also check with your local office if you don't quite understand it. Pretty progressive and exciting:-)
founder
Posted by David Schott 3 years ago
Sounds like "t.anderson" might be on *analog* cable and Jeri on *digital* cable. It's a common scheme for cable companies to cut channels from analog service in an effort to free up bandwidth and to push "legacy" analog users to digital service.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter 3 years ago
supporter
You are probably correct David. We do have Digital. Sorry.
Posted by Steve Sullivan 3 years ago
I'm not 100% sure what is going on, but I can tell you that dropping channels and price increases are usually due to yearly contract negotiations. Every year or two the contract between the channel owners and broadcasters expires and the channel owner always asks for more money for their content, sometimes as much as 300% more. If an agreement isn't reached the channels get dropped or replaced. Sometimes price increases come with channel replacement as well if the negotiations aren't successful.
Jeri, what my letter stated was that my bill will increase $2.25 per month. The price increase I do understand, but what I am most upset about is they are moving a couple of the channels we watch, over to expanded. Oh well, I guess that is just the way it is. My kids are really going to miss the Disney channel, Nickolodeon, and I will miss Discovery channel. TBS will also be gone, replaced with a station called ION, I'm not sure what they have to offer.
supporter
Hi t.anderson..Our letter states that there will be a new $2.25 Local Broadcast Station Charge on our bill, with an equal reduction to our MegVue Digital line item charge for No net increase in our monthly bill. I see that Disney, Nickelodeon and TBS are at different channel numbers on our Expanded Line-Up. Sounds like we may have received different letters. Just to share.
Posted by Herbie 3 years ago
Here is another web site you can get free tv. Works good on computer at work.

http://tvlynx.blogspot.com

[This message has been edited by Herbie (6/28/2012)]
Posted by Seuk Samus 3 years ago
Go DirecTV. You can get a cheap package and loads more stations. I'll even give you my account number and we can both save!
supporter
Good work, Herbie.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. 3 years ago
Thanks to Herbie, I now have a bunch of crapware to remove.
Posted by Its Me 3 years ago
I called midrivers today and asked about the changes. As far as my services go, and I only have basic, expanded and digital service, I will be loosing all the Starz and Encore channels. That doesnt sound like much, but I do watch them an awful lot. I wish I could build a over the internet tv package with only the channels I like.
Are they moving the Starz and Encore channels to another package?
Posted by Seuk Samus 3 years ago
They want you to ............B-U-N-D-L-E...........!!!$$$$$$$$
Posted by Herbie 3 years ago
That's strange cause I don't. My computer is just fine.
supporter
You have to know what not to click when you visit a site like that. It's still better than paying to be fed advertisements.
Posted by Its Me 3 years ago
The said they were moving them, and I see that they are listed under premium channels now.
supporter
Posted by worldmom 3 years ago
We're thinking about just dumping cable altogether. We already got rid of our landline, and with Hulu Plus and Netlfix (paying for both is cheaper than Mid-Rivers'), we pretty much have access to everything we like. We hardly ever watch regular TV anymore.
supporter
We love the sports channels and now we will also have Root Sports.
Makes it all worthwhile:-)