You are here > Top: Forums: General Discussion: Squirrels
General Discussion Forum Topic
You are viewing the Squirrels topic in the General Discussion forum.
 Squirrels, snookie, 6/18/2012 4:18:41 PM
 RE: Squirrels, Kacey, 6/21/2012 11:19:03 PM
 RE: Squirrels, Wendy Wilson, 6/22/2012 1:43:30 PM
 RE: Squirrels, G. Huss, 6/22/2012 2:36:13 PM
 RE: SquirrelsDonator Tom Masa, 6/22/2012 4:46:59 PM
 Subject: Squirrels
Author: snookie  Posted: Mon Jun 18 4:18:41 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
I was at the park this weekend feeding the squirrels and suuddenly had a memory from childhood. Does anyone remember the lady that used to dress in black and feed squirrels at the city park evey day? Does anyone know who it was or anything about her? Just curious.
 Subject: RE: Squirrels
Author: Kacey  Posted: Thu Jun 21 11:19:03 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
I remember seeing her there everytime I was there. In a big black coat. I just called her the squirrel lady.
Author: Wendy Wilson  Posted: Fri Jun 22 1:43:30 PM MDT 2012 From: - UT
Stop feeding the squirrels, please. These critters have formed a Squirrel Mafia and currently are waging war on many of the homes on Main Street. They are evil.
Author: G. Huss  Posted: Fri Jun 22 2:36:13 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
The lady's name was Mrs. Adams. She lived at 519 Palmer. When I worked at Reynolds, I used to deliver cases of unsalted peanuts to her. She was a very nice lady - and a generous tipper.
Author: Donator Tom Masa  Posted: Fri Jun 22 4:46:59 PM MDT 2012 From: - ND
My parents lived around the corner from her. My dad grew a great garden which included strawberries. The squrriels would take a small bite out of each strawberry. My dad tried everthing including putting netting over the plants. But the little buggers would still get in. So he starting shooting at them with his homemade slingshot. He would shoot and you could hear the ping of the small rocks off the fence.
One day I walked out the back of our house and was just standing there. My dad was standing in the door to the garage out of sight and shooting at the squirrels. All of a sudden the "squirrel lady" started yelling at me thinking I was shooting at them. She told me she was going to call the police, the mayor and god and whoever. She just kept it on and on. All the while my dad stood in the doorway out of sight...laughing at me.
While I will admit to some wrong doings in my lifetime I was innocent of shooting at the squirrels. From then on everytime she saw me she gave me heck. As for my dad he continued his battle with the squirrels and grew some very tasty strawberries. Over the years we had some good laughs about how I got blamed. smile Good Memories.
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Donate | Contact Info