You are here > Top: Forums: General Discussion: Just curious
General Discussion Forum Topic
You are viewing the Just curious topic in the General Discussion forum.
 Just curious, Melita, 6/11/2012 9:45:47 PM
 RE: Just curious, Wendy Wilson, 6/11/2012 11:32:57 PM
 RE: Just curious, Melita, 6/12/2012 12:47:31 AM
 RE: Just curious, Melita, 6/12/2012 1:02:07 AM
 RE: Just curious, cyndie, 6/12/2012 6:09:03 AM
 RE: Just curiousDonator Kelly, 6/12/2012 6:32:07 AM
 RE: Just curious, Levi Forman, 6/12/2012 7:46:59 AM
 RE: Just curious, Dan Mowry, 6/12/2012 7:53:21 AM
 RE: Just curiousDonator Gunnar Emilsson, 6/12/2012 8:19:16 AM
 Subject: Just curious
Author: Melita  Posted: Mon Jun 11 9:45:47 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
I am just wondering who would be responsible for an accident going accross the tracks at the crossing by the Transco's main office? They have it CLEARLY posted- NO TRESPASSING... I live right at the crossing and tonight alone have seen 2 4-wheelers, 3 motorcycles, a pickup and an SUV cross- illegally. I do not think that it's MY obligation to turn them in? The police force here has better things to do. I am just wondering where someone may go if they get hurt and/or need medical attention, and who is gonna get stuck with the bill? I guess it doesn't bother me that much when people use it as a walk-way (yet I know that is illegal too) but, to drive like maniacs by my house with a SLOW, CHILDREN AT PLAY SIGN out there? I swear I am going to take such considerations into my own hands! Maybe an unknown "speed bump"? I am just tired of it! It is NOT a speed-way, it's a street- please treat it as such, others do live here also!
 Subject: RE: Just curious
Author: Wendy Wilson  Posted: Mon Jun 11 11:32:57 PM MDT 2012 From: - UT
You say it's not your obligation to turn them in but that you're willing to risk causing serious injury by placing an illegal obstacle in the road? Huh? For God's sake talk to the police about doing more traffic control in that area and call the owner of the property. If folks are causing a danger to the children in the area that's for the police to handle. Keeping people safe from others and themselves is what the police do. Call them.
Author: Melita  Posted: Tue Jun 12 12:47:31 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
And when I have reported to the City that the railroad's weeds are taller than I am (5'8") for the past 7 years and they do NOTHING about it? The train's barracade, which I watched this spring in the wild wind, has these lovely, WOODEN 10-12 foot "barriers" that are "supposed" to keep the sparks from flying off the tracks, blow right into the side of my house!? I guess I am just supposed to "buck up" and take it? I'm sick and tired of the damned railroad running the lives of the common folk of this town!
Author: Melita  Posted: Tue Jun 12 1:02:07 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Sorry, Wendy, I really didn't respond to your message as apporopiately- if I were to report EVERY vehicle (3 more since I first posted on here) I would not sleep, work, cook, do laundry or even care for myself much less my son? Therefore, I give up and wish that maybe some (whomever givesapoops) may realize it's uprooting more than just their manlyhood (sp) to go that fast by here and use the tracks as their by-way?
Author: cyndie  Posted: Tue Jun 12 6:09:03 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Its the same here by the dike. But to turn them in you need lisence plate and a description of the driver and occupants. Like you can get that when they are going 60 in a cloud of dust.
Author: Donator Kelly  Posted: Tue Jun 12 6:32:07 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
If the police are not giving you the satisfaction you'd like, take your complaint to a city council meeting. You are free to speak during "Requests of Citizens."
Author: Levi Forman  Posted: Tue Jun 12 7:46:59 AM MDT 2012 From:
Just shoot their tires.
Author: Dan Mowry  Posted: Tue Jun 12 7:53:21 AM MDT 2012 From: - IA
This whole topic seems to be a carbon copy of one last year on MCdotcom.
Author: Donator Gunnar Emilsson  Posted: Tue Jun 12 8:19:16 AM MDT 2012 From: - NY
I'd listen to Kelly. I live in Helena, and I have found that registering a complaint to the police over the years is pretty much useless, unless there is loss of life, limb, or property involved (and even if property is involved, they really don't care to investigate).
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Donate | Contact Info