SPONSORED 
You are here > Top: Forums: Humor, Jokes & Games: New virus cured
Humor, Jokes & Games Forum Topic
You are viewing the New virus cured topic in the Humor, Jokes & Games forum.
 New virus cured, Donator Richard Bonine, Jr., 4/24/2012 7:27:12 AM
 RE: New virus cured, Sarah Peterson, 4/24/2012 9:22:57 AM
 RE: New virus curedDonator Richard Bonine, Jr., 4/24/2012 10:24:14 AM
 RE: New virus cured, Sarah Peterson, 4/24/2012 11:40:25 AM
 Subject: New virus cured
Author: Donator Richard Bonine, Jr.  Posted: Tue Apr 24 7:27:12 AM MDT 2012 From: - WY
The Center for Disease Control looked more like a tumor on the landscape than the architectural and scientific marvel it really was. The vast complex had spread unchecked over the years to the point where it threatened to devour its neighbors.

Inside, white-robed scientific types squinted into microscopes, sat hunched over rectangles of stained glass the size of a Tahitian postage stamp and squirted colored liquids into test tubes.

They were searching for a mysterious virus which had appeared just weeks before and was responsible for an outbreak of tiny, running sores that had broken out on the lips of everybody who had eaten at Norway Knute's Diner on the evening of June 5th. At first, it was thought to be a form of food poisoning, but closer examination revealed that an unidentified virus was responsible for those sore lips.

For his part, Knute was extremely upset that his well-respected establishment would be associated with this type of thing. It was not the kind of advertising he had in mind.

After some preliminary investigation, it was determined that the virus appeared to be a mutated form of the dreaded Disgusticus Lipposaurus B virus which had been responsible for wiping out an entire Japanese village in 1983. They were working around the clock to try to check the spread of this highly contagious mutant.

Six weeks after the initial outbreak, one of the researchers just happened to notice that the mutations of the HLB, or ''Diner'' Virus as they called it, were slowing down and a definite pattern was emerging. From there, it became a relatively easy task to predict what form the virus would take next and therefore, to halt its progress. In short, they found a cure. The HLB Virus would be no more.

In recognition of her discovery, the young researcher was presented with a number of awards and prizes, was written up in all the better scientific journals and spent the better part of a year on the talk show circuit describing her role in the extinction of the Diner Sores.
 Subject: RE: New virus cured
Author: Sarah Peterson  Posted: Tue Apr 24 9:22:57 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Author: Donator Richard Bonine, Jr.  Posted: Tue Apr 24 10:24:14 AM MDT 2012 From: - WY
What are you saying Sarah? Is there something wrong with trying to bring some humor and levity into peoples lives?
Are you another drive-by bell cow? smile

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (4/24/2012)]
Author: Sarah Peterson  Posted: Tue Apr 24 11:40:25 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Hahaha, no I was reading a magazine article yesterday and it said something about this "disease." I thought of your amazing ability (honest - I can't even remember what I ate for dinner last night, let alone jokes and puns!) and thought I had to share!
Moo.
beer
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Contact Info