You are here > Top: Forums: Local News, Politics & Issues: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters
Local News, Politics & Issues Forum Topic
You are viewing the Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters topic in the Local News, Politics & Issues forum.
 Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters, Donator Kelly, 2/9/2012 4:50:00 PM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters, howdy, 2/9/2012 5:32:27 PM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts SquattersDonator Tom Masa, 2/9/2012 9:59:05 PM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters, howdy, 2/10/2012 6:54:43 AM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters, Bob L., 2/10/2012 7:26:01 AM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters, Levi Forman, 2/10/2012 7:49:50 AM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts SquattersDonator Tom Masa, 2/10/2012 7:57:18 AM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters, Bob L., 2/10/2012 8:41:25 AM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters, MC local, 2/18/2012 1:39:31 AM
 RE: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters, howdy, 2/18/2012 1:39:43 PM
 Subject: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters
Author: Donator Kelly  Posted: Thu Feb 9 4:50:00 PM MST 2012 From: - MT
http://bismarcktribune.com/news/sta...4.html#ixzz1lobeDJu1

Interesting to see if that will play out here.
 Subject: RE: Williston Walmart Evicts Squatters
Author: howdy  Posted: Thu Feb 9 5:32:27 PM MST 2012 From: - MT
Just heard from someone in North Dakota, that a caravan of about 400 cars is leaving there tomorrow as they are cutting back on jobs and they are headed somewhere in Montana...the only jobs available in ND seem to be just the oil rigs themselves...other than that they are cutting way back...If I hear where in Montana, I will post here...
Author: Donator Tom Masa  Posted: Thu Feb 9 9:59:05 PM MST 2012 From: - ND
The mayor of Williston finally convinced the new manager at Walmart to empty the parking lot of campers because it was a mess and there was a lot of problems with driniking and fighting. That may have been the caravan headed into Montana.
I was in Williston last week and there a lot of jobs available. Every store, cafe, gas station, car repair have job openings. A lot of places close early as they don't have enough workers to cover all the shifts. There are a lot of people who come to the Williston area looking for oil field work (high paying jobs)and can't do the work or don't show up regulary for work and are let go. A lot of the fast food places are paying $12-15 an hour with sign-on bonuses and can't keep people,. Of course the rents are super high. Places that rented for 500-700 a couple of years ago are going for 2000. Very hard on the disabled and elderly on fixed income.
A lot of crime...the police send out additonal patrols at bar closing time as there is a lot of fighting on the streets and parking lots.
I live in Minot and with the flood that took out 400 homes last summer added to the shortage of housing because of the oil. The house building business is really good. One 64 acre plot will have 165 homes finished this summer. A 300 acre plot is just starting not sure home homes on that one.There are a least 6 new motels built in the last year. The crime is not so bad here as we are getting the oil company corporate offices because of the great airline services(5 flight in and 5 out every day).
Not the same old North Dakota prairie. Oil rigs and trucks have replaced the antelope and deer. But the over all ecomony is super here.
Author: howdy  Posted: Fri Feb 10 6:54:43 AM MST 2012 From: - MT
Good info Tom, thanks, but my friend there who drives a truck for the various companies supporting the oil field people, is having trouble finding jobs for some reason and says various companies are starting to cut back...He is a hard worker and middleaged fellow so I know it isn't job performance...he says his loads are now sporadic at best...
Author: Bob L.  Posted: Fri Feb 10 7:26:01 AM MST 2012 From: - ND
Dickinson will be the next big boom town within 18 months. Some would say it already is, but they haven't seen anything yet...
Author: Levi Forman  Posted: Fri Feb 10 7:49:50 AM MST 2012 From:
I've also heard that Walmart is so short of workers that a lot of the time stuff is just sitting on pallets between the aisles and people are digging through it because they don't have enough people to put it on the shelves.
Author: Donator Tom Masa  Posted: Fri Feb 10 7:57:18 AM MST 2012 From: - ND
Howdy
If he is hauling water for fracking it may be because of the source of the water. I used to think all the friggin' trucks were hauling oil but half of them if not more are hauiling water.
When I went to Williston last week I could see 3 new rigs going up from the highway. I have avoided going into New Town and Watford City areas just because of the heavy traffic on the two lanes. Dickinson has already is already being in full bloom of the oil boom. In fact they are drilling to the SE of there. Basically anythng west of Hiway 83 (which runs from Minot to Bismarck)is oil country as it is creeping east.
Author: Bob L.  Posted: Fri Feb 10 8:41:25 AM MST 2012 From: - ND
I agree Tom - Dickinson is booming, but is going to get much bigger within the next 18 months.
Author: MC local  Posted: Sat Feb 18 1:39:31 AM MST 2012 From: - CT
Well that was short lived. 5 campers in the Wal-Mart parking lot today when I drove through on my way to Minot. Has anyone heard where that 400 car caravan ended up? can't imagine anywhere in MT where it wouldnt be noiticed pulling into town. smile
Author: howdy  Posted: Sat Feb 18 1:39:43 PM MST 2012 From: - MT
Still haven't heard another word on it...
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Contact Info