You are here > Top: Forums: Local News, Politics & Issues: Maurice Hillman article
Local News, Politics & Issues Forum Topic
You are viewing the Maurice Hillman article topic in the Local News, Politics & Issues forum.
 Maurice Hillman article, Kacey, 11/5/2011 1:01:29 PM
 RE: Maurice Hillman article, Cory Cutting, 11/5/2011 2:17:13 PM
 RE: Maurice Hillman articleDonator Tom Masa, 11/5/2011 2:39:29 PM
 RE: Maurice Hillman article, Stone, 11/5/2011 3:54:25 PM
 RE: Maurice Hillman articleDonator Jeri Dalbec, 11/6/2011 11:00:40 AM
 RE: Maurice Hillman articleDonator Amorette Allison, 11/6/2011 12:24:44 PM
 RE: Maurice Hillman articleDonator Jeri Dalbec, 11/6/2011 1:19:44 PM
 Subject: Maurice Hillman article
Author: Kacey  Posted: Sat Nov 5 1:01:29 PM MDT 2011 From: - MT
 Subject: RE: Maurice Hillman article
Author: Cory Cutting  Posted: Sat Nov 5 2:17:13 PM MDT 2011 From: - CO
Great story.... and another reminder of how MC should be celebrating this homegrown hero. I don't think a plaque is enough. A street, buildings, something bigger than just something someone might stumble on while strolling MC.
Author: Donator Tom Masa  Posted: Sat Nov 5 2:39:29 PM MDT 2011 From: - ND
er... maybe name the ballpark after him. ??
Author: Stone  Posted: Sat Nov 5 3:54:25 PM MDT 2011 From: - MT
There was a movement to rename Pumping Plant Park after Hillman, since that is near where he was born and raised. However, it hit the bureaucratic wall and is now buried under time and red tape. I hope something will come from the effort.
Author: Donator Jeri Dalbec  Posted: Sun Nov 6 11:00:40 AM MST 2011 From: - MT
The book, "Vaccinated: One Man's Quest to Defeat the World's Deadliest Diseases" by Paul A. Offit, is also wonderful. I wonder if Dr. Hilleman's home is still here? There is a picture of it in the book.
Author: Donator Amorette Allison  Posted: Sun Nov 6 12:24:44 PM MST 2011 From: - MT
Dr. Hilleman is my idol. Not only did he save millions of lives, he didn't care about credit or money, just saving lives. Plus he was a delightful guy. I wish they would name Pumping Plant Park after him and even put up a statue or something so more people would learn his name.
Author: Donator Jeri Dalbec  Posted: Sun Nov 6 1:19:44 PM MST 2011 From: - MT
Ironically, I chose the book because of autism and vaccination issues and was so surprised to learn about Dr. Hilleman and his being from Miles City. Having lived here since 1987, I felt surprised that I knew nothing about his history here. I so agree with doing something. He is a hero for sure.
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Contact Info