SPONSORED 
You are here > Top: Forums: National/World News & Issues: Jesus Christ, OBGYN
National/World News & Issues Forum Topic
You are viewing the Jesus Christ, OBGYN topic in the National/World News & Issues forum.
 Jesus Christ, OBGYN, Donator Bridgier, 10/13/2011 6:49:54 PM
 RE: Jesus Christ, OBGYN, klew, 10/13/2011 9:00:35 PM
 RE: Jesus Christ, OBGYNDonator Bridgier, 10/13/2011 9:46:25 PM
 RE: Jesus Christ, OBGYN, abbeyb, 10/13/2011 9:47:26 PM
 RE: Jesus Christ, OBGYN, howdy, 10/13/2011 10:47:08 PM
 RE: Jesus Christ, OBGYNDonator Bridgier, 10/14/2011 8:29:53 AM
 RE: Jesus Christ, OBGYNDonator Kelly, 10/14/2011 9:18:06 AM
 RE: Jesus Christ, OBGYN, Levi Forman, 10/14/2011 9:38:21 AM
 Subject: Jesus Christ, OBGYN
Author: Donator Bridgier  Posted: Thu Oct 13 6:49:54 PM MDT 2011 From: - ID
Ectopic pregnancies, how do they work?

Subject: RE: Jesus Christ, OBGYN
Author: klew  Posted: Thu Oct 13 9:00:35 PM MDT 2011 From: - MT
I don't understand what Jesus Christ has to do with this post and I'm sure you've already googled "ectopic pregnancy"? But I'll take the bait...I watched Nancy Pelosi (more than once)argue her case on the floor regarding this and similar bills. The lies and fear mongering spewing from her mouth made me so angry that I contacted her office. I'm sure she doesn't care what a woman in MT thinks but I felt a little better. She expects us to believe a doctor in a clinic or the ER would watch a woman die 'on the floor' if this bill passed? Give me a break!

"Ectopic pregnancy is not normal and does not represent a developing baby. This condition can be life threatening and must be corrected." (from eMedicine)
Author: Donator Bridgier  Posted: Thu Oct 13 9:46:25 PM MDT 2011 From: - ID
Got a Catholic hospital in your neighborhood?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excomm..._of_Margaret_McBride

Sometimes bad poop happens.

And yes, there are people who will stand by and let a mother die so that their conscience, as they see it, will be clean.
Author: abbeyb  Posted: Thu Oct 13 9:47:26 PM MDT 2011 From: - MT
'An ectopic pregnancy is an abnormal pregnancy that occurs outside the womb (uterus). The baby (fetus) cannot survive, and often does not develop at all in this type of pregnancy.'

Pelosi is a lying, fear mongering wench.

I have a very dear friend who suffered from this king of pregnancy just over a year ago. Her doctors (at the catholic hospital in MC) rushed her into surgery to save her life!

[This message has been edited by abbeyb (10/13/2011)]
Author: howdy  Posted: Thu Oct 13 10:47:08 PM MDT 2011 From: - MT
In rare cases, the baby does survive...extremely rare however...
Author: Donator Bridgier  Posted: Fri Oct 14 8:29:53 AM MDT 2011 From: - ID
And what happens abbyb, when the local bishop decides that even that's a bridge to far?

Catholic hospitals do wonderful work... but they have some downsides as well.

Did you read the link regarding Sr. McBride? Personally excommunicated because she was on the ethics board that chose to value the life of the mother of four over that of the baby.

Bad stuff happens, hard choices have to be made - and who gets to make that choice? Why shouldn't it be the people or person most directly affected and involved?
Author: Donator Kelly  Posted: Fri Oct 14 9:18:06 AM MDT 2011 From: - MT
As it stands right now, a pregnant woman with a life-threatening condition cannot be turned away by a hospital, even if her condition requires a doctor to abort her child. A federal law, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA), requires hospitals that receive federal funds (almost all of them do) to provide you with emergency treatment or transfer you to a hospital that can. Pitts' provision would trump that law, allowing a doctor to not only deny an abortion to a dying pregnant woman but to also refuse to transfer that woman to a place where she might be able to receive an abortion. In fact, the hospital would not be required to do anything at all.

from http://motherjones.com/politics/201...ct-life-act-abortion
Author: Levi Forman  Posted: Fri Oct 14 9:38:21 AM MDT 2011 From: - CA
Election year's coming. Time to drag out the old reliables and get the bases fired up.
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Contact Info