You are here > Top: Forums: History & Genealogy: News on the Tongue River Railroad
History & Genealogy Forum Topic
You are viewing the News on the Tongue River Railroad topic in the History & Genealogy forum.
 News on the Tongue River Railroad, Donator Amorette Allison, 9/1/2010 11:15:49 AM
 RE: News on the Tongue River RailroadDonator Richard Bonine, Jr, 9/2/2010 6:26:01 AM
 RE: News on the Tongue River RailroadDonator MRH, 9/2/2010 6:34:23 AM
 RE: News on the Tongue River Railroad, K.Duffy, 9/2/2010 7:29:39 AM
 Subject: News on the Tongue River Railroad
Author: Donator Amorette Allison  Posted: Wed Sep 1 11:15:49 AM MDT (UTC-6) 2010 From: - MT
An Interstate Commerce Commission judge has granted the controversial Tongue River Railroad a certificate of public need and convenience. The project calls for the TRR to construct and operate an 89-mile rail line from the Burlington Northern line in Miles City to the proposed Montco Mine and other potential mines near Ashland.

From the Miles City Star, Sept. 7, 1985.

And people wonder why I chuckle when they tell me the TRR will arrive "next year."
 Subject: RE: News on the Tongue River Railroad
Author: Donator Richard Bonine, Jr  Posted: Thu Sep 2 6:26:01 AM MDT (UTC-6) 2010 From: - WY
On my bucket list is watching Amorette pound the golden spike. big grin
Author: Donator MRH  Posted: Thu Sep 2 6:34:23 AM MDT (UTC-6) 2010 From: - MT
Richard, it took you longer to reply than I expected.big grin You must have been sleeping.
Author: K.Duffy  Posted: Thu Sep 2 7:29:39 AM MDT (UTC-6) 2010 From: - MT
Richard, like Santa Claus, NEVER sleeps!
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Donate | Contact Info