Veterinary Clinic in the 1950's?
Posted by Jay Johnson (+53) 7 years ago
Who was the Veterinary Doctor that had a clinic on the corner by Parkers Bar. He also had a home on the north side of the Yellowstone River.
Posted by Leonard Smith (+16) 7 years ago
Andy Elting, DVM and many more things, including state legislator, teacher,and mentor to young people with an open mind.
Posted by Jay Johnson (+53) 7 years ago
Thank you for your quick reply Leonard. My youngest son mentioned taking our pets to Dr. Elting, but neither of us could remember his name. I would wake up in the middle of the night trying to remember it and finally it came to me that this would be the best way to get an answer. It's hell when you get old and can't remember names. Thanks again, Jay
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+818) 7 years ago
Jay, Andy was my dad and the very best vet I have ever known. It is so nice to know that he is remembered by those he served. He was also a terrific dad and a great teacher.
Posted by Gary Coffrin (+66) 2 months ago
I believe that another local vet was Dr. Solie (or similar spelling). The Solie family lived on the 400 block of South Strevell on the NW corner of Batchelor and Strevell. The house was later occupied by the Bannister family starting in about 1956 or so. Please accept this as my best but not infallible recollection. We lived nearby, but moved from 412 S Merriam Ave to 1600 Main St when I was age seven in 1957.

[Edited by Gary Coffrin (8/28/2017 10:20:35 AM)]

[Edited by Gary Coffrin (8/28/2017 10:22:02 AM)]