Victor R. Clancy was born in Kearney, Nebraska, in 1885 and emigrated with his parents to Sask., Canada in 1896. When a young man, in 1912, he came to Miles City. Later he took up a homestead on Liscomb Creek near the Henning place. He married Helen Babcock in 1917. The Clancys had a family of four boys and six girls named Edgar, Elden, Orville, Roy, Bertha and Octave.
Victor Clancy sold his homestead to William (Bill) Suepke, who in later years sold to some people named McMullin. They sold to Bly Bartholomew in 1951, who owns it at the present time.
Victor Clancy moved to Miles City in 1921 and bought some land on what is known as Yellowstone Hill on the way to the airport. This was considered worthless since it was all gravel, but he was a good businessman and realized that he had a fortune in his possession, so he opened up a gravel business. Miles City used this gravel on all the streets, and ranchers hauled it out to use in making concrete on their ranches.